Saturday 11 April 2015

Yesudoss tells his stories . . .

The man commands a big fan following even in this age. K J Yesudoss does.
And as one rasika in his 70s told me, 'The voice is coarse now but still rooted in the classical."

Yesudoss was at the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in Bangalore ( Race Course Road), here to receive a national award instituted by the film star of yesteryears, Saroja Devi who resides in this city, where the daytime temperature is climbing past 33 degrees but the nights are cool at 22 degrees.

We got here a tad late and the auditorium was packed and Yesudoss was speaking. Today, he dwelt on religion and the Ultimate, music and lessons learnt from his dad ("When I was stepping into the film field people suggested to me that I should change my name to get opportunities and when I told my Dad he said if that had to be done I should come back").

Yesudoss shares a lot of anecdotes nowadays when he is at the podium. He is at that stage in his life. He tells them even between songs at a concert.

This morning he was here with his wife.

Just as the event closed, came in actor-politicain Ambarish and his wife, Sumalatha and all the media folks clicked furiously and the hosts also got excitedly around them. The hero of the day was left to be on the side.

Fickle people.

Yesudoss is to perform this evening ( Saturday) at Chamarajpet.

Photo; Vino John

No comments:

Post a Comment